Date: 18 May to 24 May 2015 (Mon to Sun)
Time: Mon to Fri 7.30pm – 9.00pm, Sat & Sun 8.30am – 6.30pm
Venue: Buddhist Library, Level 2 Auditorium
Trainer: Dr. Wasantha Priyadarshana
Fees: $80 BL Members, $100 Non Members DOWNLOAD THE REPLY FORM TO REGISTER NOW!
Certificate Course in Buddhist Counseling (Anusasana)
This certificate course aim to provide elementary knowledge of basic Buddhist Counseling principles and the emphasis on their applicability and relevance of resolving psychological problems of the individual.
About the Course
1. Nature of Buddhist Counseling Psychology
2. Theories of Buddhist Counseling
3. Buddhist analysis of Psychopathology, Mental disorders and abnormal behaviors
4. Counseling skill and code of ethics
5. Buddhist counseling, approaches and techniques
6. Relevance of Buddhist Counseling for resolving psychological Problems of the modern individual (2 days)
*v70% attendance is required in order to get the Certificate in Buddhist Counseling.
About the Trainer: Dr. Wasantha Priyadarshana
Dr. Wasantha Priyadarshana is currently the Head of Department of Buddhist Culture, and Senior Lecturer of Buddhist Studies Academic Qualifications of Postgraduate Institute of Pali and Buddhist Studies University of Kelaniya in Sri Lanka.
Dr Wasantha’s Ph.D. dissertation was titled Buddhist Therapy of Mental Diseases (A study of psycho-analysis and Behavior Therapy as depicted from Thripitaka Literature) from 2004-2008, under the University of Kelaniya.