A 10-part course designed to provide guidance to participants on how key aspects of the Buddha’s teachings apply in our daily lives.
The intake for year 2017 will be updated shortly.
Please join our mailing list or contact us for more details.
Who should attend?
For those who wish to know more about the basics of Buddhism.
Buddhism as we see it today
- General concepts- religion or atheistic?
- Comparison with other spiritual movements
- Its relevance in today’s secular context
- Life of Gautama the Buddha
- His lifelong work
- His contributions to the world
- Significance of “Buddhahood”
The Core teachings
- Why the teaching of the four Noble Truths
- Understanding the concept of suffering
- How to cope in today’s context
- The Middle Path
- The three Aspects of the Path
- The methodology to escape from rounds of rebirth
- Mind Transformation- Meditation
The Doctrine (I)
- The Tipitaka (3 Baskets)
- Evidence of authenticity- historical
The Doctrine (II)
- The 3 Characteristics of existence
- Concept of the Five Aggregates
- The Theory of Kamma and Rebirth
The Moral Development
- The five, eight and ten precepts
- The Triple Gem
- Taking the precepts
- Leading a moral life
The Middle Doctrine
- Doctrine of Dependent Origination
- Applications and implications to a modern lifestyle
The Facets of Buddhism
- A look at Theravada, Mahayana & Vajrayana concepts and teachings
- Rituals, ceremonies and culture
Facing the world
- Applying Buddhism in a modern setting
- Looking into human lifespan in the Buddhist context
- Tackling death and the dying process