Venerable Wiloye Wimalajothi arrived in Singapore in December 2012 from Sri Lanka. Born in 1961, the soft-spoken Venerable resides at the Buddhist Library (BL). He is assisting Venerable B. Dhammaratana in all Dhamma activities and teaches Pali and Buddhist Studies at the postgraduate classes at the BL.
Venerable Wimalajothi graduated with a First Class Honours from the University of Peradeniya and taught at the Department of Pali and Buddhist Studies of University of Peradeniya from 1992 to 1996. He subsequently went to UK where he resided for 14 years until his return to Sri Lanka, 2 years ago.
He is a prolific writer and has written several Dhamma books in Sinhalese. He has also received several academic awards for his competence in Pali.
Research and Publications
- Niyama Dhamma (Principles of Certainty), Encyclopedia of Buddhism (Sinhala)
- Neelapata Dharshenaya (Philosophy of Neelapata School), Encyclopedia of Buddhism (Sinhala)
- Bhikkhu Akalpa Helikarana Khandhaka Vatthu (Khandhakas Revealing The Attitude of Bhikkhu Cultivated by Monks), Annual of Oriental Studies Society, 1996 (Sinhala)
- Penwedima Pilibanda Puja Charitraya (Ritual of Water Pouring Custom in Buddhism), Essays in Honour of
- Labugama Lankananda Nahimi Vol. 1996 (Sinhala)
- Vidyawa Saha Avidyawa Bandya Akalpaya (Buddhist Attitude on Vidya and Avidya), 1999
- Polonnaru Yugaye Pali Sahittyaya (Pali Literature in Plonnaruwa Period), 2004 (Sinhala)
- Living in the Dhamma (A Collection of Short Sermons), 2005 (English)
- VidyaSundani (Essays in Honour of Ven. Dr. Medagama Vajiragnana), 2003 (Sinhala)
- Pranamalekha (Essays in Honour of Ven. Dr. Medagama Vajiragnana), 2003 (Sinhala)
- Vajraprabha (Autobiography of Ven. Dr. Medagama Vajiragnana), 2006 (Sinhala)
- Madanwala Swarna Jayanti Sastriya Sangrahaya (Madanwala Golden Jubilee Volume), 2010
- Sri Saddharma Pirivena Prize for Pali & Buddhist Studies (Greatest Competence), 1992 by the Faculty of Arts, University of Peradeniya
- Woodward Prize for Pali & Buddhist Studies (Greatest Competence), 1992 by the Faculty of Arts, University of Peradeniya
- University Scholarship, Special Arts Degree Part Two, Examination in 1992, by University of Peradeniya
- Special Prize of Sri Lanka Oriental Society and Amarasoorya Prize for Best Results, Prachina Prarambha Examination in 1981, by Sri Lanka Oriental Society
- Jayasekara Prize and Sri Pragnananda Prize for Prachina Madyama Examination in 1982, by Sri Lanka Oriental Society
- Abhayawickrama Prize for Prachina Final Examination in 1985, by Sri Lanka Oriental Society