Date: Sundays from 2 Jul onwards
Venue: The Buddhist Library
Click here to view full details of programme.
(Lower Pri full, only Upper Pri open for registration) Click here to register.
About this program
Start your children on their journey learning about Dhamma and how to apply the wisdom of the Buddha in their daily lives!
In 2023 experienced mindfulness teacher Venerable Faxun, together with Buddhist Library’s Sunday School teachers, will be conducting the new Mindfulness for Young Children Programme. Suitable for children aged 4 to 12, the classes will include engaging and effective activities such as mindfulness games, Buddhist story-telling, meditation and activities on emotional well-being.
About the classes
- The class will be divided into two: Ages 4-8 (pre-school, Pri 1 & Pri 2) and Ages 9-12 (Pri 3 to 6)
- (For existing students and parents: kindly note the change in age groups for the classes)
- All lessons will be in English and Mandarin, so your children will get to practice and be exposed to some Mandarin
- Provisions will be made for non-Mandarin speakers so they are also engaged fully.
Key programmes and highlights as follows:
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Mindfulness Games/ Activities / Art and craft
- Buddhist Story telling
- Discussion on how to handle emotions
- Developing emotional well being
- Dhamma discussions for older children