Date: Tue 4 Oct to 27 Dec (13 sessions)
Please note: no class on Tue 8 Nov 2022
Time: 7.30pm to 9pm
Venue: The Buddhist Library Auditorium
Click here to register
This programme is offered freely
About this program
Meditation has shown itself to have many benefits, such as bringing about joy, happiness, relaxation, empathy and goodwill. Studies also show it can help reduce afflictions such as stress, anxiety and depression.
Bhante Soma will again be leading the weekly Tuesday Guided Meditation sessions from 4 Oct 2022 onwards. In the coming three months, Bhante will begin by recapping some topics covered in previous sessions, such as ānāpānasati (mindfulness of breathing) and mettā (loving-friendliness or loving-kindness) before moving on to topics not covered before.
Who is this program for?
The Tuesday Guided Meditation class is a long-standing class that has been run at the Buddhist Library for many years. It is suitable for:
- Beginners who have no knowledge of Buddhist meditation but have a keenness to learn
- Those who have been attending previous terms of the class
What will I learn from the course?
- Participants new to Buddhist meditations will develop a grasp of meditations taught in the Buddhist scriptures.
- Those already familiar with these meditations will be able to deepen their familiarity with the practices.
- The goal of this class is ultimately to pave the way for students to establish a regular meditation practice, such that they can experience the many benefits associated with it.